World has entered into wireless era. No more place and popularity remains for the wired connections. Not even for charging. There are various tools available to transfer files over Wi-Fi among the android devices. But, what if you want to transfer files between Android and Mac! So, here’s the solution for that.
Droid NAS is free available app that facilitates to transfer files between Android and Mac device over a Wi-Fi network, making your Android device visible in Finder on your Mac. This app is supported on Mac OS X and allows you to turn your phone or tablet into a wireless USB drive.
Easy steps to Transfer Files between Android and Mac are:
- Download Droid NAS.
- Install and Start the App.
- Whenever you will start the app, you will be asked to choose among Home, Office and Café profile. This is nothing but a sharing option providing more or less access automatically.
- Then select start server.
- Once you have started the server, you can see your device listed in Mac Finder.
- You can now start transferring and moving files between the devices.
You can also share any folder on your device or remove unnecessary shares. Change the name of the server, choose a new Finder icon, and restrict access by users in the settings section, along with choosing which profiles to load when connected to different Wi-Fi networks.
- Mac OS X.
- Android: file explorers like ES File Explorer, Solid Explorer etc for file sharing and for media sharing GTVBox Video Player etc.