Yes, you read correctly now WhatsApp is available on your PC. And above all without any SIM card.
WhatsApp is one of the most popular cross-platform messaging apps available across iOS, Android, Blackberry & Symbian S60 platforms. And these phones can message each other irrespective of which OS they are running (unlike the hugely popular BBM which only works across Blackberry devices). WhatsApp has become popular because of its simplicity and its capability to connect different handsets types for FREE. Because WhatsApp Messenger uses the same internet data plan that you use for email and web browsing, there is no cost to message and stay in touch with your friends. Another big advantage is its availability on WiFi… Whenever you are home or in a place with a WiFi connection, you are back online for free.
In addition to basic messaging ─ iPhone, Android, Nokia and BlackBerry WhatsApp Messenger users can send each other unlimited images, video and audio media messages.
But in case you don`t have a data plan on your mobile or want to chat with long texts, then you definitely wish you could use it on your laptop or PC. Unfortunately there is no official WhatsApp application available for Windows PCs, but as we say ‘where there is a will there is a way’ you can still use it
Pre-requisites for running WhatsApp Android on your Windows PC
- Any Android Emulator ─ here we are going to use YouWave.
- WhatsApp.apk ─ you can download it from the WhatsApp website Whatsapp
How to install and use WhatsApp on your laptop/pc — A step by step tutorial
- Download and install YouWave on your system from Youwave
- Run YouWave then Click on Help >> Instructions to see the path of your working directory. Note that First Run may take some time to initialize.
- Copy the WhatsApp.apk file in to the directory OR through the Android AppStore you can also download it within the emulator (YouWave)
- When installation completes click on ‘Open’ then ‘Agree and continue’
- select your country and enter a phone number (NOT YOURS)
- The phone number should not be yours but you need a valid phone number so you can use your landline number.
- Click OK the system will launch a SMS verification process which we will fail. (we want this to happen, which is why we chose a landline)
- wait for 5 minutes, so this process can end, you will get an alternative choice ‘CALL me’
- Click on ‘call me’
- WhatsApp will call you and you will be provided with a 3 digit verification number. (on the same landline you used first )
- Now insert the code you were given and GET STARTED…
- Now put a name and follow the rest as it is self-explanatory.
- You will have to add contacts manually.
- Once you add a contact, you go to WhatsApp and you can initiate a conversation.
Well now you don’t need a SIM card for using WhatsApp. Isn’t that great??